Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kindergarten Series: Sjötorget Preeschool

As you may know, we live in Budapest. City centre to add to that. It is a big city, and space is NOT abundant. Most nursery/kindergarten/preschools are a part of some resident building. Space is not abundant there either. Furniture and decor are not at all contemporary. I am lucky, of course, for several reasons...one of them being that we got in at all, the other that they are happy and loved there, so I don't want to complain. But I can still daydream, which is why I am starting this Kindergarten Series, on top of my Playground Season Series (both are open to tips and suggestions, I'd love to have your guestposts on either/both subjects too).

So, let's go to Stockholm today. It seems that Stockholm too suffers from lack of place to build separate nursery/kindergarten buildings. In the next few photos you will see what Rotstein Arkitekter studio did with the ground floor of this building:





I am a little obsessed with sharp angles when kids are around, maybe because my kids fall a lot...on their faces, so I am not sure about the green triangular staircase in the pic above. Other than that, I am in love. I think if my kids went here I'd find a reason to stay and hang out for a bit every day.


What's your kid's daycare space like?

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome space! So much colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join up my son in Phoenix preschool. I have heard that they provide good amenities to kid's. These preschools are also not so expensive, and anybody can afford to study there.

    ReplyDelete